Tuesday, March 6, 2018

When best friends know exactly what you're thinking.

Sometimes all you have to do is wink or smile and your bestie knows exactly what you're thinking or what you're trying to say.

When I was in 9th grade my BFF Rachel and I decided that we could indeed read each others' minds. We were on a trip to Montana with church, and I remember we sat down by the tents and we stared into each other's eyes (not in a romantic kind of way, but in a very intense, mind-reading kind of way) until we could figure it out.

We guessed most of the things. Although, most of the things were just our inside jokes that we had just been talking about. And the ones that weren't, were mostly things that were near us that we could subtly look at after staring into the eyes, like, "were you just thinking about a tree?" or "you're thinking about our tent, aren't you?"

It's hard to know if we really had best friend mind reading or not. That same trip we were rafting on the river, and during a lull in the middle of the day, our camp counselor suggested we play, "trust fall." You were supposed to link the ends of your paddles, and then both lean back at the same time. I leaned back, and then she pushed me in the frigid water. I didn't see that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment