Saturday, March 24, 2018

HQ

Every night at around 8:02 and many afternoons at 2:02ish, Jesse and I play a live trivia game on our phones called HQ. Our friend Carly told us to download the app on New Year's Eve and then we all played together, and then Jesse and I played every day since.

It's like a game show. It's live. There's a host wearing fancy clothes. There are anywhere between 750,000- 2,000,000 people who play every night. There's prize money- it ranges from $5,000-$25,000. The way it works is you click on the app at the right time, the game starts, you have 10 seconds to answer each question of the 12 questiosn, and if you get all 12 questions right, you split the prize money. If you miss a question, you're out. EXCEPT if you have extra lives which you can get by having friends sign up. I've invited like 5 people and I have no extra lives (I don't have a life either- ha!), which means none of them signed up. Guys, come on. You could help me win. Because so far on my own, I've never won. I've never gotten past question 8. But one day! Maybe.

It is really a cool thing. I think it's the future of game shows. I imagine us telling Aaron one day, "back in our day, game shows were just on tv and you had to be chosen to be on the show." And he probably won't believe it, because he will always have been able to be a contestant on a game show from his phone. But, what do I know? I thought snapchat was going to die like two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment