Saturday, March 10, 2018

My (Lottery) Dream Home

I watch a lot of HGTV. Mostly it's just a good channel to have on in the background and I like looking at houses and pretending I'm traveling by watching all the international episodes... and I want to be best friends with Joanna Gaines. So, I think a lot about what my dream house would be like if I could ever have my dream house. I am doubtful we'll ever be wealthy enough for all the pretty things I could ever want, but you know, if I like won the lottery or something (have you seen "My Lottery Dream Home"??? It's my fav. and it makes me hopeful), this is what it would be like:

  • Ranch, 2-story traditional, or a craftsman. 
  • Painted light gray/blue with white trim
  • Depending on the house it could have brick on the outside, but only the bottom half for some contrast.
  • Big yard with mature trees
  • A pool and a hot tub, separately fenced from the rest of the yard so I wouldn't panic about Aaron and other possible future children falling in when I'm not looking
  • Outdoor cooking area, like Stephanie's parents' house
  • Big kitchen that opens up to the living room, light wood cabinets, big island, double oven, a wine fridge that I can put all of my $3.99 bottles of wine, and since it's my unattainable dream home, TWO dishwashers. But actually not two dishwashers, I'd feel too guilty about that.
  • Giant windows in the living room and/or french doors and/or a bay window
  • Laundry room, large enough that there could be a hanging up clothes section
  • Attached (& heated if in a cold place) garage
  • Mother-in-law suite above the garage
  • White picket fence
  • Master bedroom that's big enough to put all our furniture and a little reading nook (and/or a large enough space for Jesse and I to hide out in our room when our kids have loud friends sleeping over), with an on suite bathroom, a walk in closet, and maybe a nice big window or balcony or something.
  • 5 bedrooms? That seems like a lot, but also me and Jesse would want one, one for Aaron, one for another possible future child one day, an office, and a guest room. Revision, 4 bedrooms, and the office has one of those secret folding beds. Revision again, back to 5 bedrooms, but the extra one is a craft room. Orrrrrr, back to 4 and I can permanentely have a section of the basement for crafts. I don't really do a lot of crafts, but I really feel like if I have a designated space for them, I really might!
  • Bedrooms on another side of the house from the living room and kitchen.
  • Finished basement that no one is ever allowed to call a man cave, ever, ever, ever.
  • If in a cold place, a mud room
  • I would love to live by some water- lake, ocean, river, I'm really not picky. 
  • Also, the most humble version of all of these fancy things so that I can sleep at night.
  • And I'd like to keep my fun neighborly neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment