Saturday, March 4, 2017

"Only pay attention to me." -Me

When I was little I was used to a certain amount of attention. All of it.

I was the first kid, the first niece, the first grandkid, and the first great grandkid. I had no shortage on love and attention.

My grandma used to watch me during the day when my parents were at work. I loved playing all the games with Grandma and was used to playing all of my favorite games with her all day long. But, when I was around four years old, my great-grandma moved in with my grandparents for a little while. The adjustment was pretty tough. For me.

I have a pretty vivid memory of sitting next to my grandma while her and my great-grandma were chatting in the living room. I kept waiting to play with grandma, but she just kept talking. Finally, exasperated, I grabbed her face and made her look at me and said, "only pay attention to me!" Turns out I actually said that to her a lot.

Well, I'm not sure that I TOTALLY outgrew loving all of the attention, but I've learned to not grab peoples' faces and yell them in order to get it.

Also, as I'm writing this, Jesse has been trying to read the newspaper while holding Aaron. Everytime he picks up the paper, Aaron starts screaming. He might be my kid. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment