Sunday, March 1, 2020

A waterbed, and other wishes from my childhood.

Here's a few things that I wanted as a kid but I was never about to get:

1. A waterbed. What '80s kid didn't want a waterbed?
2. A treehouse. I still want one. I don't still want a waterbed.
3. Two-story play house. I very specifically wanted it to be two stories.
4. And also a two-story house, to live in, with my family. Two story houses were for the ELITE. I thought.
5.  A flying bunkbed. I got in my head when I was 7ish that a flying bunkbed was something that I could have. I called my grandpa and asked him if he could build me a bunkbed, because I wanted to have a flying bunkbed. He said, "but Kelli, you know beds don't fly?" and I said, "Grandpa, if you could just make the bunkbed, I'll work on making it fly." I was dead serious. He didn't make me the bunkbed though, for obvious reasons to people older than 7.
6. Just a regular bunkbed. Although, I DID finally get one of those in college. And then I didn't want it anymore.
(Why is this list only about houses and beds?)

No comments:

Post a Comment