Monday, March 9, 2020

Bedtime Planner

Here's a practice that I do every night before bed:

I write things I'm grateful for, then I write down something fun that I did that day, something that I did that took some courage (which has mostly revealed that I have a decent amount of social anxiety), and then I write/draw some prayers (and I try to listen for a couple mins). I put all of these things in one handy book- it's one of those disc notebooks and then I printed the pages.

Here's what it looks like:


A friend gave me a gratitude journal 5 years ago and there was space for the same day for 5 years. I loved looking back and where life was at when I first started the practice and each year after. I was running out of space, so I made a new one with a few extra things. Hopefully I keep doing this for 4 years so I get the joy of looking back. Also, seeing YEARS of things that I've been grateful for does give some hope for the future and that there is always SOMETHING to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment