Monday, March 2, 2020

fav songs for all the years

Here's a list of my fav songs (I'm guessing) since my birth:

1986: Twinkle Twinkle
1987: Old McDonald
1988: ABCs
1989: I wanna be like you (Jungle Book)
1990: That one song from The Little Mermaid where Ursula is stealing Ariel's voice.
1991: Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (Gene Autry)
1992: Born in the USA (Bruce Springsteen)
1993: Yakety Yak (The Coasters)
1994: Don't Go Chasin' Waterfalls (TLC)
1995: Gangsta's Paradise (Coolio)
1996: Always Be My Baby (Mariah Carey)
1997: My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion)
1998: Truly, Madly, Deeply (Savage Garden) (bahahahahaaaaaa, it helps if you remember I was 12)
1999: I Want It That Way (Backstreet Boys)
2000: Arms Wide Open (Creed)
2001: Hanging By A Moment (Lifehouse)
2002: Be Like That (3 Doors Down)
2003: Sweetness (Jimmy Eat World)
2004: Lean On Me (Bill Withers) and More Than a Feeling (Boston)
2005: Feels Like Today (Rascal Flatts)
2006: The Thunder Rolls (Garth Brooks) or Where is Your Boy Tonight (Fall Out Boy)
2007: Stay (Little Big Town) or Ain't Going Down (Garth Brooks) because I learned a line dance
2008: Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
2009: Bring Me Your Love (City and Colour)
2010: When You Come Back Down (Nickel Creek)
2011: Don't Need No (Punch Brothers) and A Place Only You Can Go (NEEDTOBREATHE)
2012: Inspite of Ourselves (John Prine & Iris DeMent), because we awkwardly put this in our wedding slideshow and made everyone uncomfortable.
2013: I Am Set Free (All Sons and Daughters), actually all of their songs for this whole year
2014: No Diggity (Blackstreet). Probably not my fav for 2014, but I couldn't think of anything else and it seemed wrong to not include it.
2015: The Heart (NEEDTOBREATHE)
2016: Can't Stop the Feeling (Justin Timberlake)- I don't know if it was actually my favorite, but it makes me happy and Aaron would move in my belly when it came on the radio.
2017: Aaron was born, so we pretty much exclusively listened to Raffi on Pandora... so my favorite song was silence.
2018: I don't really remember, but I was pretty into Shallow for a minute (Lady Gaga/ Bradley Cooper)
2019: State I'm In and Stay Home Tonight, both acoustic version (both NEEDTOBREATHE)
2020: So far, I'd say it's Show Yourself from the Frozen 2 Soundtrack (Idina Menzel) I am not kidding.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your 1995 favorite song is Gangsta’s Paradise as it was mine. But find it odd since you were only 9 (and I was in college then). Where did that come from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Becky! I watched A LOT of MTV jams when I was in elementary school, so that's the best explanation I can come up with! :-) MISS YOU!!

      Delete