Monday, March 1, 2021

Disney Key Changes

Well, I fell asleep tucking my son in bed again tonight and I'm real tired from growing a human, so this is going to be short.

Here's all I want to say about this: the power ballad in (just about?) every Disney movie has a perfectly placed key change to build it's dramatic effect. And it always makes me cry. Always. Is it supposed to? It doesn't even matter what the song is about, it's something to do with that key change that I start welling up. 

Here are some of the moments I could think of:

  • "And the line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me..."
  • "Let it go, let it go..."
  • "Do you want to build a snowman?"
  • "Like a shooting star, I will go the distance..."
  • "Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me..."
  • "Can you feel the love tonight?"
  • "There can be miracles, when you believe..." (that's not Disney, but that one gets me too)

Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment