Saturday, March 11, 2023

My fav church games

My favorite game to play with the church kids is: Will You Be My Ducky Wucky? The best part is this: it's also THEIR favorite game. We play it with the middle school students basically every other week. Here's how you play:

  1. Sit in a circle. That can take a while, especially if middle school boys are playing the game.  
  2. Pick one person to be "it" in the middle.
  3. They pick a person in the circle to walk up to and ask, "will you be my ducky wucky?"
  4. The person asked has to say without laughing OR smiling, "no, I will not be your ducky wucky, quack quack quack."
It's hilarious. I laugh every time. Some of the kids give up a little too quickly, before the person says, "quack, quack, quack" and that's really when it's hardest to keep a straight face. The trick of winning is you have to laugh while you ask the question to get them to start laughing and you can't break eye contact until the end. 

My favorite game at church when I was in high school was called, "No Holds Barred." It was well named. Here's how you play: 

  1. Everyone partners up.
  2. Sit in a circle with all of the other pairs.
  3. Partner one sits in front criss cross apple sauce.
  4. Partner two sits behind them with their legs in like a v.
  5. One person is "it" in the middle. 
  6. The person who is it spins around in a circle with their eyes closed and their hands pointed out straight and then stops on two pairs of people.
  7. The partners in front have to crawl to the person who is it in the center.
  8. The partners in back have to try to stop them.
  9. Whoever gets there first wins and then gets to be "it."
It's basically a wrestling game. It was super funny. We got massive rug burn every time. It was my favorite. 

Also, it didn't age well. 😅 And, probably always was problematic. So, I haven't played it in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment