Wednesday, March 8, 2023

All the Fashion

I like to hit a trend at the very end, make sure it's been worn in a little bit, and then hang on to it a little longer while people try out another one. Like for example, I tuck in my shirts sometimes now. It was a big day when I tried wearing boots that went over my pants. I have three pairs of Tom's that I wear now, like fifteen years after they started being cool?

Here are some looks over the years:
  • 1990: Pink bunny dress
  • 1991: This very very ruffle-y blue dress that had a secret bell underneath and also dressing up as Ariel at Grandma's house
  • 1992: The blue sailor dress that everyone little girl had in 1992 and a side pony.
  • 1993: mix and match shorts and tank tops with various stripes and dots and colors.
  • 1994: baggy lion shirt and baggy tiger shirt with biker shorts
  • 1995: whatever was in my closet that was closest to what I imagined TLC would wear, with Vans, that had a hole in the big toe. 
  • 1996: that style continued, just would occasionally get new Vans when the toe hole got too big.
  • 1997: I had a terrible pair of plaid pants that wore a lot but started to hate pretty quickly
  • 1998: "pedal pushers" I got them for Christmas and was DELIGHTED and I saved my allowance money forever for a pair of Adidas
  • 1999: bell bottoms and also an Adidas jacket that I barely got to wear because it was Southern California
  • 2000: sandals that were like 3 inch heels and so hard to walk in
  • 2001: jeans, brown shoes, and a brown cardigan and taking my hair out of braids so my hair would be wavy
  • 2002: jeans and a sweatshirt with a bun in my hair and my hood up
  • 2003: jeans and a sweatshirt with a bun in my hair and my hood up and also too often just trying to wear pjs to school
  • 2004: still jeans and a sweatshirt
  • 2005: less sweatshirts, but still always jeans.
  • 2006: a tan "jean jacket" 
  • 2007: heels with jeans for some reason and sometimes putting fake ugg boots over my pants
  • 2008: these brown shoes that were kind of terrible but I loved them
  • 2009: trying to keep wearing all of my clothes from college until they had holes
  • 2010: business professional, because I was doing my internship and I didn't know that I was a better pastor when I wore jeans.
  • 2011: back to jeans and sweatshirts
  • 2012: nicer jeans for work and like a different scarf every day
  • 2013: probably when I was brave enough to wear boots over my jeans
It's all about the same from there, the only change is that sometimes I tuck in my shirt and also I bought a pair of shorter boots, so that was a change. And less scarves. And mostly regular jeans.

How do I remember all of that? Fashion is very memorable and like 70% of my fashion choices are jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment