Monday, March 27, 2023

12 CDs for a ONE PENNY

If you got Teen Magazine as a kid, then you were offered 12 CDs for only a penny a bunch of times with one of those little perforated cards you could mail back in. Once you got your free CDs you could cancel before they would start charging you monthly for more CDs. I did it a few times because I'm a sucker. I'm also exactly who they wanted to sign up for Columbia House because I never remember to cancel my membership and always bought a few CDs that I didn't want. Here are some of the CDs I remember getting for a penny:

  1. Destiny's Child 
  2. Eminem (with mom's spaghetti and all that)
  3. Nickelback (YUP)
  4. 3 Doors Down (the one with Kryptonite on it)
  5. Will Smith (Willenium)
  6. Christina Aguilera
  7.  POD (because I surely wouldn't have bought that for full price)
  8. Puddle of Mudd
I can't remember the rest, but I'm guessing some off-brand boy bands and some bands that sounded like Creed were also included.

No comments:

Post a Comment