Thursday, March 10, 2016

Making Jesse talk to me before bed

I make my introvert husband talk to me sometimes. One of those times is right before bed. I want to process the day before I go to sleep and talk to him when we get into bed, and he wants to read silently without me asking him 600 questions. I get a lot of thoughts when people don't want to talk to me and it's really hard to not say them out loud. So, I usually just say them. But that's frustrating for the people that don't feel like talking. To solve this dilemma, we decided to compromise! Now we talk for 5 minutes while we are in bed before sleeping. I make sure it's at least 5 minutes. Because I'm the one that wants to be talking. Compromises are important. Talking is important. Not talking is important. We must be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment