Monday, February 15, 2016

One time we said the dog would never sleep in our bed

We did say that, a while ago. When we first got our ridiculous pup, Autumn, she slept in her kennel every night. But, promptly at 5:45 or 6:00 am she'd start crying and barking until we let her out. She did this for about a year. And we hated 5:45 am. Then we decided to see how she'd do if we put her bed on the floor of our room. She let us sleep until 7:30 or 8 even! This was a miracle.

But she seemed to think the floor was still a little too far away from us, so in the middle of the night she'd hop right in the middle of the bed, in between us. We always said we would never let our dog in bed with us, but when you wake up and there's a cute puppy snuggling with you, you're not going to make her move.

One time I woke up to Autumn's head right by my head. Somehow when I was sleeping she had crept into the bed with us, got under the covers, and was now sharing a pillow with me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It was the cutest. And now we are *those* people.

Everyone always says they're not going to let their dogs sleep in bed with them, and everyone always caves. Because puppies are so cute and sneaky. (Even as I'm typing this, Autumn quietly sneaked into our room and stole one of my slippers and I couldn't even be mad because she looked really cute doing it.) If we're not careful, soon we're going to be sleeping on the floor next to the bed, or in our own kennel until we cry.

Look at these pictures and tell me you could say no to her.







No comments:

Post a Comment