Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Pandemic Parodies

My colleague shared an Adele parody called, "hello from the inside" about being trapped inside because of covid. It was pretty funny and also now Adele will be in my head for the next six months or so. So, I asked the rest of the staff if they were going to write their own pandemic parody, what song would they pick and what would it be called? As a teambuilder. No one responded, so I'm going to come up with my own list, and likely develop a greater respect for Weird Al by the end. Here you go:
  1. What's the date again? What's my age again? Blink 182
  2. Sweatpants Paradise Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
  3. Oops, I touched my face again Oops I did it again, Britney Spears
  4. This one's Jesse's contribution: Livin in my room Livin on the Edge, Aerosmith
  5. My Corona(virus) My Sharona, The Knack
  6. Every Breath You Take (I'd just keep that one as it is, and I feel like there's a lot to work with there for the verses) Every Breath You Take, The Police
  7. Too Close (again, I'd just keep that title, there's a lot to work with there) Too Close, Next
  8. (Everything I do) I do it 6 feet from you (Everything I do) I do it for you, Bryan Adams
  9. (Stay at) Home please, California Hotel California, The Eagles 
  10. Please wash your hands (all you boys and girls) Joy to the World, Three Dog Night
  11. I can't hold your hand I want to hold your hand, the Beatles
  12. Outta Tissues Scar Tissue, Red Hot Chili Peppers
  13. I want that TP I want it that way, Backstreet Boys
  14. I don't want to catch this thing I don't want to miss a thing, Aerosmith
  15. Where are the gloves Where is the love, Black Eyed Peas
I'll think of more, don't worry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment