Sunday, April 14, 2019

Things my parents taught me

I could write a book about the stuff my parents have taught me, but here are a few of the helpful highlights:
  • You can't always get what you want. (The Rolling Stones made a significant contribution to this learning)
  • Tell the truth, you'll get in less trouble if you're honest about whatever thing you did that you shouldn't have.
  • When you trust God and give money/time away to others, you'll have enough.
  • You can be whatever you want to be.
  • Do stuff, do new stuff, have lots of adventures (the more random the better).
  • Family= numero uno
  • Going for walks is really fun and you should do it every day.
  • Tell the people you love that you love them. Often. And then hug them a bunch.
  • It's perfectly acceptable to fall asleep on the couch at 8pm
  • Work hard.
  • That hot sauce can be put on any food. ANY food.
  • God stories before bed
  • If you don't clean your car, you're never going to get a husband. I'm sure it was my clean car that won Jesse's heart. It could be though, he IS the clean one.

No comments:

Post a Comment