Sunday, April 2, 2017

Is Netflix a hobby?

I hope so. Because I act like it is.

Actually I used to not like it when people asked me about my hobbies and I'm not sure I like it now either. Mostly because I'm not sure I really have them. During Lent, I'm a writer. Haha. The rest of the time, I want to answer "singing and dancing" because those were some of my favorite things...but I haven't taken a dance class in 13 years and I sing plenty, but not really like a hobby. Singing at church or around the house and car aren't hobbies. I like spending time with friends and family, but I'm sure they wouldn't like to be called my hobby. I also like to go for walks- that might be the closest thing I have to a real hobby?

A few other close ones:
I buy craft supplies and consider making crafts?
Mindlessly scroll on Facebook.
Mindfully scrolling on Facebook.
Secretly taking quizzes on Facebook.
Writing blogs about how I hate Facebook. I added this for the sake of rhetoric and to point out my hypocrisy.
Really neatly calendaring things in my planner with nice pens.
Staring out the window and thinking about things.
Practicing sermons I might give one day.
Reading the weekly Shopper ads and local events.
Considering going to a local event, only to realize it happened the day before.

One day I'll get some real hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment