Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Wash Your Hands: A Story About When Clara Licked a Public Toilet

Trying to protect kids from gross stuff and gross viruses is kinda futile. They lick things, touch everything, have fingers in noses and pants and ears and mouths, find old mystery food, eat old mystery food, you know... gross stuff.

One time I took the kids to the park. Clara was about a year old. I had to go to the bathroom and so I took her with me. While I was buttoning my pants, Clara shot over to the toilet and put her mouth on the toilet seat. Not the seat exactly, but the part where there's that little opening that the seat doesn't cover. It basically just catches pee? She put her mouth on that. 

I yelled and grabbed her and then because I didn't know what else to do, I washed her hands?

Like I said, it's all futile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment