Friday, March 15, 2024

A Low Bar

 I have some hopes and wishes and the bar is really pretty low. Here they are:

  1. That me and these sweet little people in my house would sleep a whole night, more than one night in a row. Like a whole week (or a month even- could you imagine?!) of sleeping every night? 
  2. I'd like our house to stop trying to break some kind of perpetual illness record. We've had 0 whole weeks off since July 2023. That's 8 months now. There might have actually been ONE week, but I got sick on day 8 or 9, so I'm still counting this... for pride's sake. 
  3. Related, I'd like no one near me to say (or give any visible signs of): "my tummy hurts," "I'm queasy," "I feel like I'm going to throw up," or "tummy yucky" (that one was Clara) for like 3 months straight. I'd also like to not have to or want to say those things.
  4. I'd like to hang out with my husband one day, without our kids. I've tried, but then we get sick.  
That's it. That's the vacation I want to have. I'm not dreaming tropical resort-y vacation, just regular life with sleep and without barf.

(Can you tell I'm home today with a barfy toddler?)

*Unlike the blog title, I'm 100% serious about all these things... but also like, I definitely know we are super lucky and don't have chronic illness and life could always be 10,000 times harder. So, whining with perspective and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment