Monday, March 11, 2024

Quotes for Friendship

There are lots of ways we gauge how good of friends we're about to be friends with people: values, political/social leanings, shared sense of humor, general friendliness/kindness, things in common, etc. One of those things for me is if you catch the reference to whatever movie/show I slipped into a regular conversation.

Here are some of the ones I quote fairly regularly and/or did a bunch in HS/college:

  • put the baby on a t-shirt. win, win, WIN.
  • 10 AM TOMORROW!
  • Guess what, I saw a dog today!
  • Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat too?
  • It's INSIDE the computer!
  • Can I be wearing anymore clothes? 
  • I drive a Tercel, yeah that's a Toyota. 
  • I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed? 
  • (Cough) I have the black lung.
  • I hope next time you'll estimate me.
  • See if we can get YouTube out for this.
  • bears, beets, battlestar galatica
  • So, in your wildest dreams, you're co-owning a bed and breakfast with the devil?
  • He wears t-shirts, sometimes.
  • A pretty nice little Saturday.
  • No milk will ever be our milk.
  • Boom, roasted.
  • A freak gasoline fight accident
I might have messed some of these up, but they're close. I'm not going to check them. 
About a third of them are from The Office. Others are: Friends, Zoolander, 10 Things I Hate About You, Can't Hardly Wait, Elf, Billy Madison, Old School. I think I only watched Old School once, but I really hung on to that one line (it's the pretty nice little Saturday one). 

No comments:

Post a Comment