Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The "I have two kids now (and one of them is a baby), also a full time job, and also it's year 47 of a pandemic" version.

I almost wasn't going to do this blog again, but then me and my sisters brainstormed a bunch of topics and now I am. Probably a little less than other years. See: the title. The question I ask myself each year when I try to decide if I'm going to do this blog again is: can you think of a bunch of things to talk about? I've yet to not have things to talk about. You already knew that.

I really like doing this blog. Here are some reasons:

  • It's only 6 weeks of writing things.
  • Who else has a Lenten blog, honestly?
  • It's a good creative outlet and practice in vulnerability.
  • I can use my preferred writing styles: fragment sentences and bullet point lists.
  • It's better than scrolling the internet.
  • I feel like I can bring a little randomness and (something similar to) humor to sprinkle in with constant barrage of bad news and bad news and bad news. 
  • It makes me happy that my grandma reads it just about everyday. Hi grandma!! 
Here are some topics we came up with:
  • foods I can't eat anymore
  • fantasy coffee
  • business idea that I want someone to steal
  • gifts I always want
  • You can't always get what you want (*see what my brain did there?)
  • boundaries
  • meal planning
  • snow shoeing in CA
  • Instagram Kelli
  • I'm not going to wave enthusiastically, that will show them.
  • You need an exclamation or two: a lesson in positive texting
  • creativity in covidland
  • It's not dead
  • What if it all works out?
  • ARE there any other Lent blogs? If so, a ranked order of all the Lent blogs
  • Eggstravaganza
  • Dinosaur names I can't pronounce 
  • Encanto 2: We're gonna talk about Bruno
  • I can't wait until...
  • Hometown Buffet and Sizzler: Fancy dining in 1995
  • TGIF + Taco Bell Picnic Parties
  • Things I would have done differently in the last 2 years.
  • "You just walk through a long tunnel, sit down, watch 2 movies, and then you're in California"/ Aaron explaining how to do things.
  • Why finish a book when you can stop part way in a fury of excitement and tell everyone else to read it and then lose interest and never finish it yourself?
  • Perfect working environment
  • bad guys
  • how you know you picked the right spouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment