Thursday, March 31, 2022

I'm not going to wave enthusiastically, that will show them

I go for a walk every day, sometimes two or three. Usually I just walk around the neighborhood. I'm a friendly person and I like to wave at people and smile while I walk. It's a nice way to know the neighbors. Sometimes people drive by while I'm walking and I wave at them too. But depending on their speed and my interpretation of their regard for my life and the lives of my two small children that I often bring with me, my wave will be different.  If you're driving slow and move out of the way, you get an enthusiastic wave. If you are driving a little faster than I'd like, you get a wave but only a half smile. If you are going objectively and definitely too fast, I do a sort of arm lift wave with no smile. If you zoom down the street like it's a freeway, I'm not even going to wave and I will do my best to look you in the eye so you know how I feel about your speeding through a family friendly neighborhood. I expect that you know and understand these levels and will be moved to do better in the future.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment