Saturday, April 1, 2023

Insomnia Impulse Buy Product Reviews

Sometimes I can't sleep. And when I don't sleep, I'm real vulnerable to buying weird things that the internet suggests I buy. Because I'm scrolling the internet and someone made a compelling video that worked on tired me. Here are some things I've bought and my reviews of those items:


Bleame hair removal thing: 

This just came in the mail. You like rub it on your legs in a circle and then it takes off your hair. It surprisingly works. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: safe to buy, I even recommend it I think. 


Hair on the carpet scraper thing that I can't remember the name of, but maybe you've seen the videos:

You just scape it on your carpet/rug, and it gets all the dog hair off of it. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: also safe to buy, it works!


This hair curler that is supposed to be super easy that I saw like 6 different companies advertising with the same videos:

You just take a little piece of hair and clamp it in the curler and pull, like you would with a hair straightener. Even at 3 am, the 6 different companies advertising the same product with different names should have been a big old red flag. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: do NOT buy this. It does not work at all. It'll sit in your cabinet, in hopes that it will magically work one day, but it will not. 


Yoga pants that are only at this very low price for the next 28 minutes and 59 seconds: 

They'll look good in the pictures, but you won't look like that. The tag will say your size, but you aren't squeezing into those things. Be ready to give them to a small child you know. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: don't get them! Old Navy probably has a similar deal and you'll be able to pull them up past your knees.


Prose:

It's customized shampoo and conditioner and product and some leave in conditioner that you'll never want to dedicate 15 minutes to wearing before you even shower. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: it's nice shampoo and conditioner, it smells good, but your hair will not curl like that one chic in the video, and it's wayyy too expensive for shampoo. Also, it's a subscription and if you forget to cancel your subscription (like people who are vulnerable enough to buy Prose at 3 am might be), you'll get to pay for several months of it.


New Wash:

It's non-shampoo shampoo that is supposed to help you stretch out the days between washing your hair. Non 3 am Kelli opinion: ehh. I actually used this for a couple of years, but it's expensive, it's hard to wash out (and if you don't get it all out, it looks greasier than before you washed it), and it's a subscription. If you do wash it all out right, I could go 2-3 days without washing it and my hair was real real shiny. 4/10?


Mushroom Coffee:

The advertisements I saw were for MUD Coffee or something like that. I searched Amazon for a cheaper version. It's coffee and Lion's Mane mushrooms that is supposed to make you focus. Non 5 am Kelli opinion: It tasted good, but it didn't help me focus, and I can just drink regular coffee for 1/8 of the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment