Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Favorite Sandwiches, Ranked.

We almost always do a teambuilder like question at our staff meetings because we are fun and like knowing each other. Today's question was: what's your favorite kind of sandwich? This was a great question for me because I love sandwiches, almost as much as I love nachos. So, here is a list of my favorite sandwiches (when I say my favorite sandwiches, they are all a turkey sandwich, just from different places):

  1. Togo's. #24 (Turkey and Avocado). I fantasize about this sandwich...often. At least half of it is smushed up avocado, which is the best way. You really want the avocado to stick to everything in the sandwich, otherwise those little slippery slices just fall right out. There was a Togo's right next to the Jamba Juice I worked at in high school, so I would run over there on my 30 min lunch break and eat it in my car, which was a very luxurious lunch break to me at 16/17. Just look at this sandwich: 
  2. Nelson's Cheese and Deli in St. Paul. Make your own sandwich with their very soft sour dough bread, turkey, mayo, mustard, jalapeƱos, bell peppers, spinach, avocado, onions, and olives.  
  3. Potbelly's Turkey with everything except for one thing but I can't remember what it is until I see the menu. Potbelly's makes it to #3, except for not the Potbelly's in Eagan because they never believe that I want the hot peppers on it and always leave them out. I only want that sandwich because of the hot peppers. They're the giardiniera kind. I never know how to say that but I love them.
  4. Me making a turkey sandwich. Here's what I would do: Sourdough bread and butter (margarine, who are we kidding) the outside and then put it in the panini maker my grandma got me for Christmas one year. Once it's all heated up, then put in mayo, mustard, avocado, spinach, bell peppers, and some pepperoncini in there. 
  5. Jersey Mike's/ Jimmy John's turkey sandwich with some jalapenos and guacamole. I know these are different places but they taste exactly the same to me.
  6. Davanni's turkey sandwich with the garlic butter on it, but the garlic butter always hurts my stomach, so that's why it's at the bottom of the list.
  7. Subway. You know what? I actually really like subway. 
Where else do you find a good turkey sandwich? 


1 comment: