Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Eggstravaganza

When I searched "eggstravaganza" on the google this pic popped up and it felt right.
When I searched "eggstravaganza" on the google, this popped up and it felt right.

This coming weekend every year of my childhood was the Eggstravaganza. It's like an extravaganza but with eggs. Because of Easter. We would walk like a mile with the umbrella stroller to get into the fairgrounds because this was a popular event for kids 2-7. I can't tell you how excited I was for the eggstravaganza. Here's why:

  • They had two, sometimes three bounce houses (jolly jump).
  • Dominos had a table and you could get pizza by the SLICE.
  • Egg hunts with a golden egg. I think I found the golden egg once and maybe got a prize. I don't remember what though. One time my sister also found the golden egg but then some boy snatched it from her. She's still recovering. 
  • There were all these little free games with prizes.
  • The jolly jumps again. 
  • I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny was there.
  • Pony rides!
One time they had this "ride" there too. It was basically a giant mouse wheel that they strapped you into and then they spun it a bunch. It seemed like a real big kid, cool kid thing to do. I was like 9 which is prime I want to be a big cool kid, so I tried it. They strapped me in with some other kid and then spun us around like 30 times. I couldn't breathe and almost threw up. It wasn't enjoyable. I think my mom even paid like $5 to let me do that. You couldn't pay me enough to do that now. 

I want to also reiterate the jolly jumps. Do you even know how fun those are when you're 7? They're just so fun. Back in my day, not every kid had bounce houses at their birthday parties. If you wanted to do a bounce house, it was at the Eggstravaganza. We'd jump until some adult would tell us that our turn was up and then get back in line to go again. 

That's basically the whole event, but it was FUN. If there's some eggstravaganza I can go to in 2022, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment